Sunday, January 26, 2014

Penguins, Newspapers, and Copics...oh my....WHAT?!?


Hellooooo my Moonbeams! So glad to see you here! Today I am pleased to share with you a card I created due to inspiration from a number of places...Crafty Card Gallery, Get Inky Challenge, and the Copic Certification classes I took earlier this month with my crafty pal Beth. (She is incredibly funny and a blast to hang with, we had a hoot of a time at Copic and CHA.) Anyhooo....

We learned how to make this fun sparkle spray in our Copic class...using a small amount of Copic ink, some blending solution, and a bit of (I forget the name...) powder. Needless to say, we jumped at the chance to try it and it didn't work (at first). But after she left, I decided to give the small spritzer bottles a second chance and it worked! (I used glossy photo paper for a shine.) I think the trick is not too much powder and letting it dissolve some maybe?

Being a Crafty Card Gallery Design Team member inspired me to doodle up a penguin since this months theme is a penguin or a black and white card. The penguin will be a digi next month for club members (so sign up for the club if you don't want to wait another month for this cutie). I used my new Copic coloring skills to color in the penguin. Did I use black? Nope! Amazing, huh? I thought so...



And the last bit of inspiration came from the current Get Inky Challenge Blog where this weeks challenge is to use Newspaper or the Yellow Pages on your project. Fun! You should check out the Get Inky Design Teams Inspiration Creations over on the Get Inky Stamps Blog...they are amazing!

Links to all blogs mentioned are up there in our LINKS section for you to easily visit with a click of your mouse...we look forward to seeing you at our other locations and we LOVE it when you decide to subscribe, follow, or even just like us! We REALLY get excited when you join in on our weekly challenges too! That's fun! Ya know what they say, "the more the merrier!"...it's true! Well, I hope you enjoyed your time here with me today, as much as I enjoyed your stopping by! Until next time...shine on my moonbeams!



1 comment: