Thursday, May 8, 2014

Cuttlebug Folder Art Deco

Yesterday I decided to try something new when using my Cuttlebug Mickey Mouse folder. And I love love LOVE how it turned out...
With my Momento Ink Pads (Regular Black Pad and Teardrop Red, and Yellow pads), I colored the image. I placed the embossed image onto the black ink pad and rubbed the back of my image with my finger. Then I moved the paper a bit and repeated. I continued this until I was happy with the black color/outline. Let it dry then used my red ink pad to outline the white cardstock (which I used a Nestabilities die for the pretty shape). I then dabbed the ink with the tip of the teardrop right onto the image for his shorts and tongue. I did the same for his yellow shoes. I placed him on different colors of cardstock using double sided foam adhesive, creating layers for the Shadowbox. It came out really cute. And is perfect for adding trinkets to. 

To learn about more fun ideas such as this, get signed up for the Inky Crafting Club! For only a few dollars each month, you receive fun digital images, sketches, and great crafting tips! (How To's, Copic Coloring, Card Folds, etc.) Please visit the SHOP to sign up. And...if you don't have PayPal, you can mail in a check for a years subscription!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your great technique. Mickey turned out wonderfully.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete