Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sunshine and Laughter

A week ago I saw Peachy Keen Challenge Anything Goes Popped Card and thought boy... do I have an idea for that one! And after an entire week of trying to make it come together, and searching for a fitting sentiment, I finally have it! It will go into my box of cards for OWH if I can bear to part with it. Doing this challenge has shown me that I can get creative and three dimensional with my stamps...no Cricut needed, but I used it anyway for a few things! (And, don't get me wrong...I LOVE my Cricut!)

So, here's what I did (in case you need to try it out yourself)...

Using my cute Peachy Keen Stamps, I stamped each image three times. Big Frog, Little Frog, and Big Sun. First, I cut out around the entire stamped image, one of each frogs and sun and put them aside. Then, I took another frog image and cut out front legs and with the head. With one frog image each left to cut out, I cut around the heads. Next up, the sun...with two images left, I cut out around every other point this time on one of the images. On the last sun image, I just cut out the center circle face. I colored each with chalk and my Glaze Pens, then pieced them together using foam squares.

After all of that fun, I got out my Gypsy and looked for accessories to go with my frogs.

The sentiment I used is a stamp from Hero Arts which I stamped twice then cut it apart to use on two lines instead of one long sentiment line.

Challenges I am entering:
Peachy Keen Challenge

I hope this card has left an idea or two in your head and a smile in your heart! Happy stamping! Until next time, be good crafters!

6 comments:

  1. What an absolutely ADORABLE scene. It is just perfect. I love a great scene card and this one definitely is terrific. Awesome job. Thanks for joining the Peachy Keen Challenge this week. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely ADORABLE!! I love the way you divided the sentiment. I also love the frogs how you cut them and popped them up!! Fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! Great job with the popping! It seems like a lot of work, but totally worth it! I'll have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This beautiful! Love the demension on your frogs! Thanks so much for posting your card at Peachy Keen's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOw adorable!! LOVE your scene!!
    Thanks For Playing with us @ PKS!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete