Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Eat Sugar Cookies!

Gingerbread cookies are a favorite this time of year, so I was inspired to create a Holiday card with a bit of cute humor to it.

First I picked a sketch to work from (Peachy Keen Challenges) and then gathered my papers and other supplies. (The holly berry paper is from The Paper Studio, other papers are from my scrap stash.)

I created my Gingerbread Girl using my Peachy Keen Stamps and my Cottage Cutz Dies. I paper pieced her to give her some dimension. Using my blush colored Copic, I colored her cheeks. I used my White Gelly Roll Glaze pen for the frosting. Then I added some tiny red pearls to her pony tails.

For the card...
I used my window word punch to create the area needed for the spinner, then ran it through my Cuttlebug to emboss it. To create the spinner, I used two dimes with a small round piece of double sided sticky foam to stick the dimes together. Then, I used my TOMBO glue to glue my image (Gingerbread Girl) to one of the dimes.

Card assembly...
I cut each paper a tad smaller than the previous piece for a layered look. I used the holly berry as my base then glued the red on top of that. Glued white on top of that. Placed the window cut paper down so I could measure where to stamp my sentiment. Stamped my sentiment then got busy with the hard part, which is inserting one of the dimes into the window by carefully bending the papers to get the dime inserted. (Once inserted, turn it over so the image is on the table and you are staring at the dime.) Onto the part that requires LOTS of double sided sticky foam. (Make sure to leave enough room for your dime to spin.) Done. Stuck that down and added my final touches...

Faux stitching, a button with bakers twine from the Twinery, and a few strips of paper ribbons layered with a Happy Holiday sentiment which I added some shimmer to the edges and heat embossed.

Cute? Totally! I hope this leaves you with an idea or two in your head or even a smile on your face! Thanks for stopping by! Until next time...be good crafters! TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment