Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sunny Fun

Hello crafty pals! We are in the midst of summer, so when I saw the current sketch challenge over at Peachy Keen Challenge, I immediately thought of the sun peeking up over the clouds. But I have this habit of not changing up sketches and the sketch showed stars...the sun peeking up with stars just didn't seem right. However, I thought I'd see what I could come up with. I got out the PK-SOTM June 2013 and got to work. Here is what I came up with:
What I LOVE about this card is the stamped Fun in the Sun. First, I stamped it in white. After letting the white dry, I stamped it again in brown but a bit to the right. This created a shadowed look. I'll have to try this again on another project. Also, the big sea star is on an action wobble. Cool, right?

No... I still wasn't happy with my card. I decided to get out some of my Get Inky! Stamps and create a better looking card for this challenge while thinking outside the actual look of the sketch. 

There's these beautiful whimsical clouds on two of the GI sets. And the sun needed some help too...oooh...my Market Street background stamp would be perfect.

So with PKS, Market Street, and Get Inky...
Closer...This is more of what I had in mind, but its not as clean as I'd hoped. I was trying to make this card in under 10 minutes...not such a good idea for me. I was so stressed by this, that I kept dropping pieces. Even big pieces with glue on them straight onto the wrong places of the card (hubby was showing me something at the time so my attention wasn't completely on card making). So needless to say, there are many unnecessary layers on this card to cover up my oopses. If you look closely, you will see em. :0(

So that's what I have as of now. If I get another one done tonight I will add it. I am determined to make a cute sun card with this sketch.


Thanks for stopping by! Have fun and be good, crafters!





No comments:

Post a Comment